Monday, January 3, 2011

Did You Write? 01-03-11

Did You Write? 01-03-11

Happy New Year!!!
Many of us write every day, others write only a few times a year. This note is for those who rarely write.
This is a place to brag about your accomplishments, cry about your failures, and otherwise tell about what is going on in your lives.
By telling about what is going on during your week, you will have pressure to also tell about your writing accomplishments. It is not fun to say that you did not write. That is how this note is supposed to help us write regularly. You will try hard to open something at least once during the week so you can say to everybody, YES, I DID WRITE.

How much you actually write is not important. If you even wrote one word, it is writing if it is the right word.
What you write is not important. You can write new, edit something, even if it is someone else’s, critique someone's work, write poetry, articles, writing assignments, blogging, world or character development, and even E-mails can be writing if they are wordy and pertain to writing or story. In essence, if you have to ask if it is writing, the answer is yes. Some of us won't include some of these in their writing claims, but that is up to the individual.

This would be a good place to post last year's statistics. I have to verify it, but I attacked six or seven stories, and wrote THE END on four of them. Three of those were completely rewritten at least once after I wrote them. One is going to have to be completely replotted if it is going to be published for the target publication.
I cutting one story back in size and that is taking a whole lot longer than planned.
On the story idea front, I posted 368 story ideas, amounting to 533 pages, and 319075 words. a lot less on the word and page count than last year, but at least it was three more than needed for the year.
When I get a chance this week, I will verify what I wrote this year, and get some stats on my writing.

As for me, I have worked most days this week on my Waxy story in progress. I just looked and am disappointed. I have only removed three hundred this week. I have to remove 10,000 more words which means scenes will disappear. I figured out last week that at the rate I am going, it will take 55 days to get this down to where it needs to be if I keep at this rate.

On the story idea front, I have 53 ideas on the compost pile. the top ten are pretty new and will be fun to write.
I Printed out the November story ideas for a friend who is not on the internet. He fell in love with one of them and really wants it developed. He cannot write and I don't have the time. Sad. It is a good one.

As to the question of the week,
I can honestly say,

YES, I DID WRITE

DID YOU WRITE?

No comments: