Monday, July 25, 2011

Did You Write? July 25, 2011

Did You Write? July 25, 2011

Got the date right this time!

This note is a prompt to get people to write with more regularity than they normally would. The idea is that you post here and tell about what is going on in your life. You also tell about your writing accomplishments or lack thereof. Next week, you will see this note coming and realize "I have not written yet!" You don't want to say that you fluffed off, so you open something, any thing, just so you can say you wrote.

How much is done does not matter. Word count is wonderful to rack up, but there are times where you might actually go backwards and possibly even on purpose such as to fit into a publication or to correct a horrible plot line. Fixing one word can be called writing, if it is the right word.

What you write is unimportant. New writing is writing. Editing is also writing, even if it is the work of others. Critiquing is also writing. Poetry, technical writing, writing assignments, articles, blogging, world or character creation are all writing. so is E-mails if it is wordy and pertains to story or writing. In essence, if you have to ask if it is writing, the answer is always yes.

As for me, I did horrible. One page #@&^*!!! I added a page and that was a good start on a great idea. Everything I would start to do would take me to bedtime. Really frustrating. This is a fun story and I am just plotting the piece out. I figure when I actually finish writing it, it will be double the length. I might have a maximum of five scenes to plot out before I can get to serious writing.

I did get some ideas, but used up my new ones. I have 33 story ideas in my compost pile. I never like digging deep into the pile. I do have the option of going back through the years of these notes and developing a bit more the ideas I had used as an example and call it a story idea. Since most concern my hobbies, they don't offer much variety.

As for me, I can honestly say,

YES I DID WRITE

DID YOU WRITE?

No comments: