Monday, July 11, 2011

Did you Write? July 11, 11

Did you Write? July 11, 11.

To do my story ideas, I have to travel time, either go into the future or the past in many universes, to the time the event actually happened so I can write my reports, the story ideas, that people thing are just coming out of my head. Once in a while I come back at the wrong date or time, and write the DID YOU WRITE note based on the time I really was instead of the time the note was supposed to be written. That is why last week's date was wrong.

This note is to be an incentive for those who write rarely, to write often. One is asked to post here, whether you write or not, telling a little bit about what is going on in your life. One is also asked to report whether one wrote sometime during the week. Hopefully adding details too.
This note posts each week on a Monday. The hope is that you see this note coming, and realize you have not written, so you dig out some work and write a little or a lot, just so you might say "Yes, I did write!" While we love to see high word counts, any work on a piece, even it if ends up with no number change or even negative change, is acceptable.

What is writing is wide open. We all know that new writing is writing. Editing is also writing, even if it is the work of someone else. Critiquing is a form of editing so is also writing. Poetry, blogging, writing assignments, technical writing, writing assignments, world and character creation are all writing. E-mails can also be writing if it is wordy and pertains to story or writing.

On the story idea front, Including what I am posting tonight, I have 33 story ideas in my compost pile. I have not had many new ideas as of recently. I have dug deep into the compost pile, wiping off some rotten pieces and developing them just to get rid of them. A couple posts stank to high heaven when I posted them. There have been periods like this before so I am not worried.

I have not done well on my writing. Most of what I wrote this week was pulled into this piece from other version of this work. I will be doing that several times more as I have some choice scenes already written. A number of things ate into my time. One was that Last Sunday, I hurt my back and took naps when I got home. I also was getting prices and parts for my truck.
I am plotting out my story right now and kept getting caught editing stuff I already have rather than pushing the frontier of the story.
In all, I ended up with far less time to work than I ever expected, especially since I have some choice scenes I am working on. I am writing regularly, but not long enough to really make it count. I added two pages this week and it should have been six.
I Posted a story idea near the beginning of the month about a super hero. It kept tugging at me and I ended up getting up from a nap and blasting out two pages of descriptive action of the story. With the original story idea added, it ended up four pages. I like the concept of this crime fighter. I will never develop it farther, but had to get it written to this point.

My brother and I replaced the radiator of my truck. It is easy when you have the right tools and know how to handle the hoses and stuff. I also had to get a pair of good used tires as I had one bald tire starting to tear out. I just happened to have the money to pull off the repairs and parts. A few weeks before I would have been in a panic.

In a story idea, one could have a star ship that has seen better days. parts start failing and the owner has to scramble to gather money and get the parts. He wants to leave as soon as possible but things breaking down is keeping him in place. While the main reason he is having problems is the age of the ship and the lack of maintenance money put into it, there might be something else going on and he has to figure out what it is before he gets into space.

As to the question of the week,
I can honestly say

YES I DID WRITE!!!!

DID YOU WRITE?


No comments: