Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21, 2011 Did You Write?

March 21, 2011 Did You Write?

Another day, another week, another deadline. For those who do not write regularly, did you write this week? Tell us about it whether you did or not.

We all know that new words is writing. Editing is also writing, even if it is someone else's work. Critiquing is also writing as it is a form of editing. Also as writing is technical writing, blogging, writing assignments, world and character creation, poetry, even E-mails can be writing if they are wordy and pertain to story or writing. If you have to ask if it is writing, the answer is always yes.

How much writing is unimportant. If you wrote one word and then removed it, it will count. At least you looked at your work. It is better to actually have production.
Editing has a tendency of sometimes cutting words. Removing a couple thousand words needed to fit into a publication counts as much, or even more than increasing your word count.

As for me, added about a thousand words to my third waxy story and don't like the plot at all after a certain point. I will work through it.
I got my first waxy story back from the editor and have to make some major changes to make the story work. We will worry about word count later. Because I am removing comments as I go, I have no idea what my word count is I cannot use that as a measure. Right now I am working through a scene that cannot be walked through. I have a tendency of having my characters walk through dangerous scenes as if they are an innocent observer. I have to make the scenes very dangerous.

On the story idea front, I had a period where ideas were not coming. I have dug into my compost pile, though still right off the top. Today, including the idea I am to post tonight, I have 43 story ideas on the compost pile. That includes three ideas I came up with today. It won't be long before I will start picking and choosing ideas rather than just grabbing one to write.

On the woodworking front, I finished my rain fairy carving. it came out pretty good. I have just a little bit of finishing to do on the cannon before it is done.
I finished carving the body for the second fairy and started painting her. If things really go well, I could well have her scene assembled this weekend. That leaves basically the face vase to finish for my art show.
I got an idea for a tool and spend quite a bit of time this weekend working with my new metal lathe on making the tool. My brother fixed the motor and it is now one really sweet machine.
As soon as this art show is over, I plan to be making all sorts of tools and equipment, both in metal and in wood. It is getting fun.

As to the question of the week,
I can honestly say,

YES I DID WRITE.

DID YOU WRITE?


I write every week. It's my job! Finished a short story and turned it over to be edited, and continued on the big project. I'm adding to a section of that. Did some editing for other folks too, knocked a lot of that out in the last couple of weeks. And some blogging, because of the place we are buying. Also some notes and future story planning. Which is why my time online is limited most days. More time to write that way. ;o)
~Nancy

No comments: