Monday, October 4, 2010

October 3, 2019 Did You Write?

October 3, 2019 Did You Write?

While many here will write every day without a prompt, some of us have difficulty finding time to write every month, let alone every week or every day. the concept of this note is to get people to announce their writing production, even if it is none, so that they might see over time how little they are writing, and try to open something, anything, during the week so they can report that they actually wrote. Over time it is supposed to be easier to open a piece of work each week, and it becomes a regular habit to write. One eventually finishes something.
'
As to what writing is, We leave that pretty much up to you. If you have to ask if it is writing, the answer is yes. How much does not matter either. If one is editing, the objective might be to reduce the word count. General editing might involve ten thousand words and end up with adding a hundred words.
Because few of us write perfectly the first time, we all end up having to edit. Editing is writing, even if it is someone else's work. Critiquing is writing also as it is a form of editing.
Some other suggestions of what is writing, beside new writing, is poetry, blogging, technical writing, writing assignments, world and character creation, and plotting a story. Even E-mails can be writing if they are very wordy and pertain to story or writing. Of course not everybody will agree with this list, or will add others. What is more important is your decision that it is writing.

I was gone a week to sit with my two writing partners and blast through some stories. I read portions of one story, then all of another story I had reached the end of. they each read one of theirs. Along with loads of running around, we finally went over and edited two of my stories sentence by sentence, changing punctuation and solving some minor problems. It made a big difference in making both stories publishable. I cannot put either in until I have one or more stories finished.
I had one big fear, where I did not have really good action in one of them. It turned out to have less changes than I ever expected. It was actually quite good.
In our writing sessions, we came up with my next three stories in the series that I have to get written and quick. I think I can do it, but it will require a lot of other things not happening.

I had ended last month a story idea behind I could have written one last story idea, but decided finishing the work in progress was far more important. I have a whole month to catch up this month.
As it was, I wrote 29 Story ideas, ending on Page 36, with a total of 20696 words. The story ideas will remain short and to the point for at least the next few months.

For a story idea, consider a person, possibly a minor deity, who lives in a place where time there has basically stopped. he lives there without there ever being an interruption.
Periodically, the person goes out into the real world to see what is going on, sort of a vacation. the world changes over time and the character has difficulty getting into the groove of the changes. the story would be of someone who might have visited in the past, who appears in our time and tries to make heads or tails of what is around them.
An alternative is that He lives years in his place, but when he steps out, he had been gone for about five or ten minutes, depending on how many years he has been gone. here, his problem is that he forgets who people and things are. His very best friend, who he just said goodbye to, has now become a total stranger when he returns. His friend thinks he has lost his mind or something. He remembers almost nothing of what happened when he was there last.

AS to the question of the week,
I can say,

YES, I DID WRITE.


DID YOU WRITE?

No comments: