Monday, September 5, 2011

Did you write? November Fifth, Two Thousand and Eleven.

Did you write? November Fifth, Two Thousand and Eleven.


It is that time of week, where we tell the whole world about what is going on in our lives. In the process, we also tell about what is going on in our writing. the hope is that after several weeks of not being able to tell about your writing, or not meeting goals, shame will set in and you will find a way to work on your projects more.

We all have our opinions of what is writing. Not all of us will agree on everything on this list. New writing is writing. Editing is also writing, even if it is the work of others. Critiquing is also writing. So is poetry, blogging, technical writing, articles, writing assignments, world or character creation, and even E-mails can be writing if they are wordy and pertain to writing or story. If you have to ask if it is writing, we answer yes.

As for me, I did do some writing. I edited Spirit of vengeance one and two. I printed both of them up and read them to my brother and saw all sorts of errors to correct, and he gave some good ideas for the story. One problem I have is that all the women's names are similar sounding. That will be an easy correction. My big problem is that all my sentences are about the same length. I will have to do some major editing to mix that up so it won't be so boring to listen to. He said the story, and action are good.
In my editing, I added 461 words to One, 79 words to Two, and I added 719 fresh words to Three. I worked out some plot issues on it and still have some to technical out.

On the story idea front, I posted 32 story ideas for a 31 day month. that ended up on page 33 at 19599 words of pure drivel.

I have started carving a dragon and it is not the dragon I saw inside the wood when I started. He has his mouth open. I never planned that. I am now trying to work out whether one leg crosses beneath him or sticks out behind him. He won't tell me until I get to it. My mom looked at it and saw there was a Chinese dragon inside the wood, while I am looking at a European dragon. Looking into wood is a lot of fun and a real challenge.
I am nearing the completion of my crochet bag. I finished the handle and now have to attach it. I learned that someone close is going to have a baby. I have been enlarging granny squares that someone else made. I was doing it more to use up yarn stock more than anything. Now I have a purpose for making them. this will be a gift. I just need to find out whether I will be an Aunt or an Uncle so I can choose the right color to bind the squares together with.

As to the question of the week,

I can honestly say,

YES I DID WRITE

DID YOU WRITE?


No comments: