Monday, April 4, 2011

April 04, 2011 Did You Write?

April 04, 2011 Did You Write?

Brag about your accomplishments, cry about your failures, and otherwise tell about what is going on in your life. The hope is after several weeks of posting, whether you wrote or not, you will feel an urge to get something written, anything, in any amount, so you can brag that "Yes, I did write," on the next week's reply. Follow this urge often, and one can actually get some production in a period of a year. One might actually develop writing each week into a habit (Not all habits are bad). How much to write is not at issue. What you write is also not at issue.
New writing is writing. So is poetry, technical writing, writing assignments, blogging, world or character creation, and even E-mails, if they are long enough and pertain to writing or story. Editing, is also writing, even if it is someone else's work. Critiquing is a form of editing and that also counts.
While word count is a good gauge of what you are doing for new writing, it may be meaningless when editing. Your goal might be less words for a publication. You might delete a couple thousand words only to add them back in again when you recreate the scenes. It is not unusual for your word count to end up just a tiny bit more or less when done, so when editing, word count really does not matter.

As for me, I had returned my first Waxy story to the editor and got it back from the editor with comments. She is very kind to me on working with me on this. I have not disagreed with any of her comments, though in places, making corrections that worked took some skills. One thing that happened is relationships between two characters has changed. It will work better for the later stories.
I did work a tiny bit on Waxy 3, but it is fighting me tooth and nails. Getting from where I am, to where I need to be is a big problem.

On the story idea front, I got another story idea ahead for the year. I posted 32 story ideas for 31 days. I ended up with 35 pages with a total of 20556 words.

I am very close to being ready for the art show. I finished the second fairy this year, both were started previously and I just brought the to a finished quality. I have a "face vase" to finish and decided it is not going to be done in time. Still too much work to do. It is coming along nicely, though. If I had another month, it would be presentable.
Some of my stuff is usually on display at a nearby shop. I withdrew my stuff from there. I will soon be bringing all my work together and decide what should be displayed and how the table should be set up. I learned a couple years ago, the practicing the setup helps a lot, especially when in the last couple practices, I pack thing in opposite order that I would take them out of the boxes.

As for me. I can honestly say,

YES I WROTE.


DID YOU WRITE?

No comments: