Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 522 Wood Working

year 9, Week 52, Day One (week 522)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
01-09-10 Sunday

38 in the morning, 46 as the high. High feathers interlocked into a solid shield to filter the sun so there was no real sunshine. Strong winds blew any heat away.
To say the least, it was too cold this weekend to do any outside work, and I don't work wood inside. It was just warm enough to feed and pet the cat before going back in to thaw out.
This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department Of Tourism.

Friday, I checked in on my wood projects that are in display in the city of Dania. These are on display in the CANDLELITE ANTIQUES SHOPPE. I have not sold anything in the year it has been there, but I have a better chance of selling something there, than in my closet.

I sent off my check for the entry fee to the LIGHT HOUSE POINT YACHT CLUB art show that will be March 28. I have till then to get all my projects finished, and finishes of everything that will be on display, improved to presentable levels. I have learned a lot over the year so I should get them to a higher level than they were. I do have the problem that I have all sorts of stuff stacked around the show stuff, and dealing with the stacked stuff does have priority right now.

This weekend, because of and in spite of the cold, I spent all weekend working on Mom's computer. Last week we got the computer set up, and this week we finished the project, except for some tiny setup problems I have to work on. I now know a lot about what you cannot do with WINDOWS 7.
I really felt guilty about not wood working wood. I thought it got warm enough to work outside, but while petting the cat, the cold slowly soaked in. I would not really do a good job on a woodworking project before I would have had enough.
One penalty of being able to work when it is 90 degrees and a hundred percent humidity, is that anything below sixty degrees is too cold to work.

Next week, I need to work on the project that were too cold to work on this weekend. Hopefully, it will have warmed up more than it is.

Will see what I actually do next week.

No comments: