Friday, January 1, 2010

An Even Bigger Snowstorm

Oh Hi people, Autumn here, and I have a big announcement! It SNOWED!!!! See, I am taking my boy Jason for a walk. After all those people cookies and fudge over the holidays, he really needs the exercise. Hey you know, this snow stuff is lots of fun.








We got lots of snow, Mommy and Daddy said it was 14". I don't know what that means, but it sure is deep. Amazing stuff too because it falls not just in our yard but all over the woods and everything. I mean, how kewl is that? Acres and acres of white cold, fluffy stuff to dig in, a doggie's dream world.




Hey, this stuff even clings to the trees! Hmm, I wonder if the birds have to shovel off their front walks?




OK, this I don't understand... Why do we have snow on top of buildings where us doggies can't dig it all up? Do they think I am going to sprout wings and fly? How am I supposed to know if there is something interesting buried way up there? Kind of a waste of good snow if you ask me.




You see, that's one thing us doggies love to do, is dig in the snow. It's like a treasure hunt, you never know what you are going to find. Oh oh, I think I found the kitty's potty. We could use some air freshener over here ASAP! Good thing my nose is frozen.




Oh wow, even the bird's bathtub is full of snow. You might want to add a little hot water to that. But wouldn't that make it a hot tub? People ideas are so hard to understand.




The all day bird diner is closed because of snow. I think we should send someone out to clean the sidewalk there too. Maybe Santa Paws should have brought Grandma a zamboni for Christmas.




The road in front of our house had snow on it too, but a very big, noisy truck came by and chased it all away. I barked at that truck really loudly because I didn't want him to chase away all the snow in our yard, I'm still trying to dig things up.




I just know there is something interesting in here... Hey, did anyone lose something called a 'Jimmy Hoffa'? Is there really a place called 'China' down there somewhere? Hello? Hello???





That's daddy's stick pile, and it is all covered with snow. You know, I just don't understand my humans. I mean, they are going to clean all that snow off the sticks, and then bring them in to put into the fire to get all warmed up, and then they burn them and have to go get more sticks! Why didn't they just bring the stick in first, and then they wouldn't have to warm it up! That's what I do, I bring all kinds of sticks. And besides, I want sticks I can fetch, and those are too big. What good is that?




This tree doesn't have so much snow on it, and it has lots of great sticks I could fetch. I wonder how they harvest the sticks? I asked a squirrel how to pick sticks off a tree, but he just said something insulting, so I barked at him. And then my boy Jason said, "Stop barking and go potty - it's cold out here!" As if I was going to listen you understand...




Oh look the neighbors have puppy toys at their house! I would love to grab that long flappy bow andd run away with it. But I like the neighbors, they are dog people too, and they talk nice to me. Their dog Sammy has them well trained. Sammy is actually his people name, because when I asked him his real name, he told me it was 'No No Bad Dog!" and I said, "Hey, me too! Maybe we're related!"




Look, I am still busy out here. You think all this digging is easy? It's not! Especially when you have a leash on. I can't take it off, I'm afraid my boy Jason will run off into the road or get lost. You know how humans are when you let them wander the neighborhood.




OK, they have some very strange trees around here. That one in the middle doesn't have many sticks on it, but it does have a really large fruit. They say trees have bark. I barked at them but they didn't bark back, so I don't know about that...



We got so much snow, some of it buried all the good sticks. I am going to have to do a lot of digging to get them out. There were little birds in the sticks, and they were going 'peep peep' like my squeaky toys do. Come to think of it, when I sit on the kitty, he says 'peep peep' too. Kitty doesn't like the snow as much as I do, and he doesn't like to fetch sticks either. I like snow and fetching sticks, and fetching sticks in the snow is the funnest of all fun. I guess kitties are just plain weird.



Aw now that is just plain pretty - Mother Nature's own Christmas lights. This sure has been a fun day!


OK this is Autumn signing off. I hope you enjoyed your visit with me, but I have to go inside now. My boy is cold and he wants some cookies, and so do I. I'll be back another time with more news about training my people and making the world a better place for dogs.

No comments: