Monday, December 14, 2009

Did You Write? 12-14-09

Did You Write? 12-14-09

Santa won't bring you all the wonderful goodies if you are bad boys and girls, so you had better start writing, and make Santa happy. the purpose of this note is to give you an incentive to write. You know it is coming and the hope is that you will realize the note is coming up, and you want to report something, so you will write something, anything, sometime during the week so you can proudly proclaim your good works as a reply to this note.

Periodically, there is questions on what is writing. My answer is, if you think it is writing, then it must be.
All new writing, is writing. Editing, even if it is not your work, is writing. critting, poetry, technical articles, blogging, writing assignments, world and character building especially if something gets on paper, are all writing. E-mails can be writing if they are very wordy and pertain to story or writing. There are more, you just have to decide that you wrote.

As for me, Yes I did write. I added a page, and 100 words to the second story in the Waxy series. This started where the first story ended. I did not get much chance to write this week which is why there is so little word count this week. I did get in a scene I needed, and will now prepare for them to go on their adventure.
I am not exactly sure how It will go. I don't have an outline or even planned out. I have some situations I want to hit and will let the evil keyboard tell me what it wants to say.
What I wrote so far is horrible, but I've aimed at getting the action written first. I will add all the other stuff the story needs, after I get it written.

The very first story I ever finished, was a simple bit of drivel. I noted in incomplete sentences what scenes I wanted to hit until I finished the story. I then completed the sentences, then added information before and after to carry on the thought. I kept adding and expanding until I ended up with a complete story. It was not good, but it was a written story.
When I am willing to edit, I have found that writing by editing has been easiest for me. I get the basic story down, then go back and fill in details, description, dialog, and so on. I improve the sentences I have and make them more relevant.
I still prefer to sit down and write from beginning to end, but writing by editing is fun too. I have even started on middle scenes and developed from there. One nice thing about that, is that my planned beginning scenes tended not to be where the story started.

Counting tonight, because I am running late, I will be two story ideas behind for the month. I can catch that up easily. I don't even have time to do a note count tonight.

I have my Christmas ornaments on display at work. My boss, my biggest benefactor, picked up a few. I was surprised he even got any because of the economy. I doubt I will sell any more, but will try anyway. It is fun to see people's faces as they are impressed with my work. I am not impressed with it as I can point out all sorts of flaws, but the effect is good anyway. My sales pays for tools and some supplies. I don’t spend much for tools or supplies because my sales are not big....
I made some owls early in the month. They were supposed to be horned owls, but a couple looked like they were some sort of demon with horns, more than owls. One really looked good and after studying it, I figured out that owls are supposed to be wise, so a miter, the flat hats used in colleges, should be what it was wearing. I made six this weekend of that design and they are a whole lot better. They are not Christmas, but they might be something people will leave on their desk all year long. 'that happens to many of my ornaments.

As to the quest-on of the week,

YES, I DID WRITE

DID YOU WRITE?

No comments: