Monday, September 21, 2009

Did You write? 09-21-09

Did You write? 09-21-09

WOOOO! Hooo! Another week has ended, Were you ready for it?
The hope is that you see this note coming and you get yourself to write something, anything, so you can proudly report that you actually wrote something this week. Of course, you are encouraged to tell about your failures for the week, and otherwise tell about what is going on in your life.
While we always look at the original writing, fresh writing as writing. Editing is the key part of writing. There are times where I write by editing, rather than starting with something fresh. Because of this, Editing is writing.
Other things that people may or might not consider writing is Poetry, article writing, blogging, World or character creation, if something gets on paper, writing assignments, and even E-mails, as long as they are wordy and pertain to a story or writing. There are others that might fit, and some that might not. It is more whether you want to report it as writing. Anything that will let you claim success is worth the try.

AS for me. I did write. I worked deeper into my Waxy Dragon Birth story. I added four pages and 2500 words to it and I am still in editing mode. I am filling in some story details that effect later stories in the listings. I am also working out details of a second story to be written right after this one.
In the series, I have a lot of things hinted at, but not detailed. The story I will write after this that will add a lot of those details. I am getting excited.
AS for the story I am writing, I am getting close to added a whole bunch of new scenes in between what I have. That will be fun. I now see the 50 pages to be short. I would not be shocked it ending at 70 pages.

On the story ideas, I am running one idea behind right now. I did have a chance to catch up that one story idea this weekend, but mis-read what day it was and lost the chance because I was thinking I had somehow caught up. I have all week to get caught up so I am not worried.
I have 40 story ideas in my compost pile, including the one I wrote tonight. Only the top ideas really change, which is why it is a compost pile. Some on the bottom are a couple years old already.
I had a period where I was digging deeper into the pile because new ideas were not coming. This weekend, I had a blast of ideas, something like five of them all at one time and that helped. I have gotten a few more since.
Because I don't know the true source of the story ideas, I always start to worry when the new ideas stop coming. Several years ago, I had a stretch of a month or so where I got no ideas at all. In reply to a note I was complaining about that, someone wrote some suggestions based on my compost pile. I wrote those and suddenly I was full of story ideas.
Because I don't know where the ides come from or the nature of the inspiration, I get excited about big weeks with loads of new ideas and worry when they don't show up.
Something I hate is like this weekend. In one day, I came up with two really good story ideas. Because I did not have paper nearby, I never wrote them down and they are gone, most likely permanently.

I got a new DVD writer. My CD writer had locked up. This DVD writer has problem where when it plays a DVD, I don't get sound. I have to do some searching for a solution. I can swap parts but there are those cute little tricks that I never figure out. At least now I can view them.

In my wood turning, I somehow am in a period where everything is going good. I get those some times.
I will have a period of time where everything I do works out beautifully. I show some real skill. It then goes away and I cannot do anything right. Like my story ideas, I have no idea when I get wonderful periods like that. they never come more that twice a year. Once a year is normal.
I picked up a couple swans at a yard sale, and I decided to copy them for this year's Christmas ornaments. I try to do four sets each year. I don't always get to make that many. The ones I am copying are assembled, several pieces, while the ones I am making are one piece and a bit smaller. I am stealing the concept of them. Mine are all hand made.

AS to the question of the week.

YES I DID WRITE.

DID YOU WRITE?

1 comment:

Nancy A. Hansen said...

Not a lot of writing this week, though I did make a couple of blog entries, responded to other blog posts with comments, and wrote emails with details about stories. I am so busy with picking and putting up veggies from the garden, there isn't a lot of time for other stuff. I had several days downtime with back spasms and stiffness but was so zoned out on muscle relaxers I really couldn't think straight.

I did take a day off and went to The Big E (http://www.thebige.com/) with Frank last Friday and will go back with Lee hopefully this coming Thursday. That is always a lot of fun, but hobbling around with a stiff and sore back didn't allow me to see as much as I wanted to. I did add to my stuffed dragon collection again, there is a vendor booth in the craft area that I always get something from. Lee is less rushed than Frank so we will take cameras and stroll.

Been doing a little crochet again, now that we are almost in the baseball playoffs and the new TV season is upon us. I tend to crochet most when I sit in front of the tube at night. We have the couch behind us and our favorite chairs arranged in sort of a line in front of the TV set; my huge rocker recliner, Lee's big Boston rocker, and my mother's platform rocker with the storage ottoman in front of it. Ma and Lee have the coffee table between them. We eat dinner together on tray tables in front of the TV, so evenings are laid back and peaceful. Sometimes #1 son Jason will join us for a while. I do look forward to those quiet evenings.