Monday, September 7, 2009

Did You write? 09-07-09

Did You write? 09-07-09
.
Many who read this are writing more than once a week. Some of the rest of us need prodding to get regular production. That is what this note is about. the idea is that you will see this note coming each and every week on the same day. This note asks you to report what writing you have done or why you have not written this week. Having to report that you did not write at some time during the week is intended to prompt you to write, anything, so you can brag about your accomplishments.

AS to what is writing, that is up to opinion. I post a list of what can be writing. It is not comprehensive, and most of us will disagree with some of the items listed. There are things not on the list that you may well think of as writing. It is more about your opinion, than ours.
New writing, is always writing. Editing, is also writing, even if it is the work of someone else, because only a few of us can create perfection first time. We have to edit, some of us never stop editing as we cannot get our work to that level.
Poetry, article writing, writing assignments, Blogging, Technical articles, are also writing. character development and world building is also writing, as long as something gets on paper. E-mails can also be writing, as long as they pertain to writing or story, and are very wordy. Other things may be writing, if you decide it is writing.

As for me, Yes I did write. I am still working on my Waxy Dragon birth story, creating the foundation for the entire series. I am in the process of creating new scenes to the original plot. It is working pretty good. I try to use as much of the old writing as possible, but so much of it is getting tossed, due to the new story changes due to discussions with my writing partners.
AS it is, I added 1677 words and three pages. This includes zapping entire paragraphs as I was going. I like what I am creating. The original two page story idea is now 34 pages and likely to be 50 pages when done. I would say it is among the best writing I have done, which is not saying much.

I am still doing my story ideas. I am still keeping up with the posts in spite of having some hectic evenings. I have not been coming up with loads of new story ideas, one here or there at most. At this moment, I have 38 story ideas in my compost pile. At times, I get dry spells where I wonder if I will ever get a new concept, then other times the ideas flow like mad. I never know where my concepts will come from and when they will come. As an example, Over this past month, I had several story ideas that originated from commercials I saw recently. I usually try to explain the silliness they show to make it logical.
at the moment, the ideas are coming slowly, but have not stopped completely.

This week, I worked on my rearranged office. It is always surprising how stuff seams to appear out of nowhere.
A story idea for that might be where magic or some technology is used to create storage where little existed. That little cubby hole pierces into another realm. You stick some stuff into the cubby hole so it is out of the way. The stuff slides partway into the other realm. You can then pack more in there. As long as the cubby hole is not disturbed, it will keep crating room on the other side for all the stuff. Later, one needs to move things, You start pulling stuff out of the space and it keeps moving forward to give you more to pull out until the other realm is empty.
Picture someone about to move a desk and is pulling stuff out of a small space next to the wall. The desk has been there for years. When they are done getting everything out to move the desk, the room is nearly full of whatever was stored there over the term.

My wood working has done well. I made a tea pot that is really heavy but rather interesting. I have a lot to do on it, but it has character I have not seen created by any else else. Looking at the piece, I can see why....
There are times where nothing goes right, other items where nothing goes wrong, and then times where, when things go wrong, it does not bother me. I am in a good period right now and loved having a three day weekend to work on it.

AS to the question of the week,

Yes, I did write.

Did you write?

1 comment:

Nancy A. Hansen said...

Yes I did write this past week. I worked a little on my latest Lazlo dragon story and at least got a bit into the climax before I gave up. I wrote a couple of blog entries for this blog. Setting them up was tough because of the pictures, which tend to load where they want to and have to be moved around text. Maybe I am just not doing it right? And I went over the edits Lee did on AMBASSADOR LAZLO and posted that. (you can read all three Lazlo tales plus Lee’s KIRI it at: http://magicdragonverse.blogspot.com/) I traded Companion Dragon story ideas with Roger via email and kibitzed with Lee on his next 2 Kiri tales. Lee and I also went through publishing house lists online, trying to find someone taking un-agented work so I can send them my (long since finished) novel. So yep, that is writing, because it all pertains to the business and hobby pleasure of writing too. If you are consciously thinking about it as you put something down on paper, or are researching something to make your writing better, that counts as writing too. I do a LOT of research.

In my other life, been doing some crocheting, picking and putting up tons of veggies, and trying to get used to my new APAP machine. Ugh, I am struggling with the latter; I just can stand that ‘confined breathing’ feeling. And even the minimal hookup of the nose pillows bothers my face some. But mostly it is the canned air sensation and the straps and stuff around my head. I have a lot of trouble getting to sleep with it on, and I have awakened suddenly with the machine on because I was choking. That never has happened before I got it unless I had a bad cold. I have often had panicky moments when I just had to get that thing off my face because I felt like my head was being held underwater with my nose pinched and I was going to need to gasp soon. My other half has made it plain he is tired of losing sleep because I can’t settle down. I will be talking to the sleep doc about it at my appointment at the end of the month. I was listed as potential ‘mild obstructive sleep apnea’ and I had to worm that info out of the tech at my last sleep study. But they issued the machine as soon as the insurance company OK’d it. Now we have to pay 20% of the cost and I am dying to see how much that will be…

Fall is right around the corner, the days have been mild and dry and the nights downright chilly. Leaves are just starting to color up. I love this time of year. The colder months give me more time to write anyway.

So yep, did write and still am. *s*