Sunday, August 6, 2017

Year 17, Week 28, Day One (week 914)

Year 17, Week 28, Day One (week 914)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
07-22-17 Saturday

The temps got up to 90, but we did not get any weather in our area. A giant blob headed west, but north of us in Palm Beach County. We had a lot of sun, but later it clouded over with a light cloud cover. Late in the day it dropped down to 86.  This weather report is brought to you by the City of Pompano Beach department of Tourism.

We went to get the trees. One was a queen palm, and the other was a purple Tabebuia. The tabebuia usually is found in a bright yellow and is sometimes called a golden shower tree as the flowers fall all over the yard. Usually people select the biggest queen palm tree they can find as they are expensive to buy. We picked up likely the smallest queen palm tree they had. It will be small for a very long time.  

We stopped at a yard sale along the way and I got a good recorder (flute) in a case. At a later yard sale a woman had two professional recorders and really had no clue what to sell them for. She paid good money for them. One, though a different brand, but was just like the one I got. I later found that mine was a professional brand also.. 

Out on my own I found a Garmon Nuvi Navigation system. They said they did not have a computer in order to use it as it had a USB cord on it. My truck has a USB outlet so I plugged it in a while after I had left. It works! I have to play with it a little. This uses the same USB outlet plug as the tomtom I picked up a while ago, so I can swap the charging cord with the USB this one has. I can use them both if needed. It has a bracket to hold it and it appears that the ball socket had broke off. part of the bracket is still there, but there is some broken plastic in the ball socket hole. I plugged it into the computer and it just got power. I then saw there is a different plug in for data. 

At one of the last yard sales, there was one of those stainless-steel pot-racks that goes into the kitchen to hang pots from the ceiling.  I looked at it a couple times and decided against it, then I started walking to the truck to leave. With a sigh I said "I'm going to kick myself." and I bought it. sigh. I likely will for a while too.

My brother and my nephew came over. After doing a tiny bit of work, we got together for lunch. I like mom’s cooking. I napped afterwards before having to leave.

###
Sunday, we went for Chinese buffet lunch so I had nothing to report.

496



No comments: