Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Year 17, Week 21, Day One (week 907)

Year 17, Week 21, Day One (week 907)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
06-03-17 Saturday

77 degrees with a pebbled cloud shield early morning, 82 mid morning with the shield coalescing into puffs.  At about 10:30, a tiny bit of green appeared over our house on the radar and it stayed where it was, as it got bigger, then developed yellow and then red in the center, right over us. It developed until it covered the three county area with periodic clear areas on the radar. I tried to find Noah, but I guess it wasn’t that bad.  Mom’s plants were singing as a choir with the joy they felt from a nice long drink. Mom was all grins too as she was planning on watering her plants this weekend. Once the heavy stuff finished, it all disappeared, either in drains or absorbed into the thirsty ground. This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department of Tourism

After breakfast, I headed out on my route. The first yard sale, I passed the first time, not seeing it, then went around and when I saw it, they had clothing laid out on the yard and some teddy bears on a table. It did not look like anything I was after, so I did not bother stopping and  headed on. 
I traveled half my route before I found a second yard sale. They were sending the daughter to college. They are a family that do not watch TV, but read books and did crafts. They had a bunch of art stuff out. I picked out an art set in a wooden box. It had colored pencils, paints, oil pastels, brushes, pens. It was complete except one pen was missing. I considered a bead weaving device. There was a knitting loom to make tubes. There was also a device for making bows. The art set was all that made it home. 
The knitting loom and the bead weaver were things I kind of would have liked to have. I did not think of “donating” to her by getting them until late in the day.
I was almost done with my route when I found a sale where The guy’s sister had passed and this was the remains of her estate. Nice chairs. I saw some boxes of beads (the college girl had lots of beads and I had forced myself to ignore them, so I was not going to get them here.).
The last yard sale I saw was just clothing also, so I kept going without stopping. 

I was going to a birthday party later in the day and I decided I had better take a nap before then. I woke to a torrential downpour and checked the radar. The heavy stuff lasted an hour. The light stuff went on, with some off and on, the rest of the day.

Nothing done on Sunday other than work around the house. More of this weather system over us.

Will have to see what we do next week. 


No comments: