Saturday, January 26, 2013

Where has Nancy disappeared to?

Well, you are probably all wondering where the heck I've been. The answer to that is... quite busy! 

Follow the underlined links below to see what I've been up to.

Seriously, I have had a ton of stuff going on, most of which pertains to writing. For instance, my latest novel is out! 




Yep, this is it, PROPHECY'S GAMBIT is finally available from Pro Se Press! You can find it on Amazon.com in both paperback and Kindle versions. It's also available on Barnes and Noble online as a Nook selection, and on Smashwords in just about any other E-format you'd care to download. 





Shortly after PROPHECY'S GAMBIT debuted, I was honored to have Pro Se Press feature two of my stories in the monthly digest. I was given an entire issue of my own, featuring one story each from my private detective series THE KEENER EYE, and the dark fantasy series THE SONG OF HEROES. Pro Se Presents December 2012 is available on Amazon.com in both a digest size paperback and Kindle formats. On Barnes and Noble online you can find it both as Nook and paperback. And it is on Smashwords in other E-formats as well.






Now I haven't stopped there! I'm still very busy writing. In fact, this fall I was privileged to be tapped by the nice folks at MECHANOID PRESS to get involved in writing for a very kewl anthology where the Cold War was fought not with nuclear weapons proliferation, but with gigantic Kaiju style monsters! Oh yeah, that is SOOOO me. I'm proud to say that MONSTER EARTH is now out, and available on Amazon.com as both Kindle and paperback, and on Barnes and Noble online on their Nook.

And I'll bet you think that's all huh? Nope! Read on...

I was very proud to have been asked to be guest interviewed on author Derrick Ferguson's blog BLOOD & INK. If you pop over there, you can read all about me, and what I'm up to. 



You should read the rest of the blog while you are there too, Derrick is a great guy, he's interesting as all get out, and he is one fine pulp author to boot. 



And then, because sometimes lightning strikes twice, I was also asked to guest appear on an EARTH STATION ONE podcast episode. On Episode 147, I am in the Geek Seat to answer some questions about who I am, what I do, and why all this fantastic craziness. Had a blast with Bobby, Mike, and Mike—even considering all the straps and restraints—and would love to do that again sometime. I notice that these nice folks also have a bit of a blurb about MONSTER EARTH up on their site too. That just goes to show you how us pulpster geeks help one another in getting the word out. 

I finally have an author's page up on Amazon too. Now you can see almost all of the books I have either written or have stories in over the last couple of years. Impressive huh? It's something I'm very proud of. 



Well now you know why I have been too busy to blog. Behind the scenes, I am Assistant Editor for Pro Se Press and have been working with a few authors this past fall, getting their books ready for print. Add to that my usual deadlines for the year (three novel sized books and 3 short stories for Pro Se alone), several special writing projects I can't yet talk about, and the ongoing renovations here on the farm, and it's a wonder that I have any time to myself. Well... I don't get much but I sneak out now and then. I will have some thrifting pictures coming up the next time I get a chance to post here. 

Before I say goodnight, I just want to give a couple shouts out to my blogging buddies Roger Stegman and Lee Houston Jr. They are both important reasons why I have this blog.


Roger is still recovering from the accident he had back in April of 2012, and not quite up to snuff yet. 



He isn't feeling well enough to do much in the way of woodworking these days, but he does putter a bit, and has been doing some writing off and on. I am hoping we will be seeing some posts from him again in the not too distant future. I'm sure you all miss him as much as I do.



Lee has been busily writing too, he just completed the sequel to his HUGH MONN, PRIVATE DETECTIVE anthology—this time a full fledged novel. Be looking for future announcements about that one! The first one is still available folks, and a great read, as is his superhero novel, PROJECT: ALPHA. Lee has an author page on Amazon where you can find most of his stuff, though his books have appeared on Barnes and Noble and Smashwords as well. 



Kudos to Lee also for his stewardship of The Free Choice E-Zine in it's various incarnations since 2005. In it's current Blogger version it began on Friday September 5th, 2008, and as of today Lee has just made his 1000th POST THERE!!!! Congratulations to Lee and The Free Choice, and onward to another 1000 posts beginning tomorrow. Lee says this is his second straight month where TFC has had more than 2000 page views and the 5th straight month of more than 1000 page views. Way to go Lee! 

So yep, we have all been busy people. I will at least try and get in here a bit more often. Besides having a big bunch of pictures to post and all sorts of newsy bits and bobs from family and so on, I am going to have lots of writing news as well. 

So 2013 is looking like an even busier year than 2012. Wow...

~Nancy

No comments: