Monday, November 14, 2011

Did You Write? 11-14-11

Did You Write? 11-14-11

It is that time of the week again. Have you opened any work in progress or started something new? have you met your word count? have you written anything at all? If not, what is going on in your life that prevented you from your work. We always love to hear that.

As to what is writing, I give a long list each week but don't have time today. The main rule of thumb is that if you have to ask if it is writing, the answer is yes.

AS for me, Yes I did write. I got to the end of my re-write of my Spirit of Vengeance story. I greatly expanded the story with plenty of explanation and examples of what was going on. I had it nearly done and realized it needed something else. I added two short scenes that will need to be corrected, but I felt it changed the nature of the story a little. I think it is looking good.
I am now starting at the beginning and fixing writing errors but will fix scenes if needed. I got to page 13 of the 43 pages on my first edit session, then got to page three on my second edit session. It does need work. As it stands now, it is 43 pages with 22216 words.

On the story idea front, I have dug into the top of the compost pile a little, but added a few new ones along the way. It is running at 36 story ideas. I would rather have 60 story ideas, all good, but it is not doing bad.

I am making my Christmas ornaments for this year. I am making palm trees and seals so far but have to come up with two more new ideas. I have been doing this since 2003 so I have done quite a few different kinds. Last year, someone listed several dozen ideas to me and I had done most of them. I ended up seeing something in a couple magazines and used them.
I am also making some old Christmas ornaments that I ran out of, some I never made enough of. I have a lot of ornaments to make before the end of the month.

I have asked a couple times, "if you were put into the world you write about, as you are right this very instant, with your real practical knowledge and practical skills, and actual physical abilities, could you survive within your worlds?
when I first asked the question, the answer was absolutely not. Later, I mentioned that with as bad a carving I did, I would likely be creating magical figurines that would do wrong.
Now, I would have to say that if I survived the first month, I might be able to become useful to whatever society I was in. Not greatly useful, but I might eventually earn my keep. The first month would be unlikely, though.

AS to the question of the week, I can honestly say,

YES I DID WRITE!

DID YOU WRITE?

No comments: