Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010 Did You write?

November 15, 2010 Did You write?

This is a time where family and travel, along with preparations start to get in the way of our writing. This note is still here to assist you on getting SOMETHING written. You know this note is coming so the hope is you take a half hour, hour, or several sessions to open some project so you can report to this note "yes, I did write."
I found with myself, that it was a chore to get something opened most weeks, but seeing I had this note coming up, I worked hard to get something written. Of course it did not always work.
I then got hold of some important projects and, while it took a few weeks into the swing of things, but I finally started writing every day. The hope is that such will happen with you also.

we don't care about how much you write, or what you write. In previous notes I have listed options as to what might be writing. When you get down to it, if you have to ask if it is writing, it is.
How much you write does not matter either. If you are editing, your word count might actually go down.

As for me, I am trying to cut down the size of my work in progress. I have worked fourteen pages and have cut 803 words. I am entering a section where several scenes might be easily cut. I will know when I dig into the work next.
With it, I had a write where I loaded it up with detail. I then rewrote it to make it tighter but only slightly shorter. Now I am to cut it about in half.
Someone asked about my story. Waxy Dragon is a cat sized baby dragon that lives with someone she calls Bubblehead. He has a computer operated portal that allows him to visit worlds and universes, where he then returns and writes unimaginative, uninspired, dry, humorless descriptions of what he saw, and then posts them on line as wild and fantastic fantasy and science fiction story ideas to help other authors.
My first story, WILD WAXY, is about how her egg is found and then she and Bubblehead get separated, going on their own ways. I sent that to a publication and am waiting for a response.
I am working on the second story, tentatively named FINDING WAXY, trying to cut the word count in half. this one is where Bubblehead, who is slightly changed, and Waxy find each other again. She does not recognize him as he does not have a magical glow around him any more (hence Bubblehead). In this one, they get to like each other, and he is trying to figure out how to get her home without the computer blocking this world. They are being chased by pack creatures that likes the magical smell of him.
I figure I will have at least four passes on it before I send it off to my writing partner to have a look at it.

ON the story idea front, I am keeping up. I started to dig into my stack but something new appeared so I did not dig far. I never like to touch any of the old notes if something new is available.

I picked up some swords at a yard sale. One needed repair and I fixed that. I am now trying to figure out how to use them. I tugged at everything and cannot find a trigger for them to shoot bullets. I held it up in the air and shouted all the magic sword commands that would cause energy to come out of them, or to enter it. Searched as hard as I could, I cannot find any evil entities within them. they don't sing or suck souls out. My neighbor said that they are to be used to stab and slash. What an idiot...

As to the question of the week,

I am happy to say

YES I DID WRITE!!!!

DID YOUR WRITE?

No comments: