Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31st, 2010 Did you Write?

May 31st, 2010 Did you Write?

Another week has arrived. Many of us have difficulty writing more than a few days a year. Those are the ones this note is designed for. The idea is to give a short term goal to aim for. Write SOMETHING sometime during the week. what you write or how much you write is unimportant. What is important is that you announce your activities, whether you write or not.
The hope is that you see this note coming and realize you don't want to report that nothing happened, so you open some work and get some words done, or at least some thought of words done. If you write the RIGHT WORD, then you succeeded in something.
Word count is not what is important. In my work in progress, I actually lost 88 words this week. I zapped a couple sections while adding more. I did write, though.
along with any new words you write, editing is an important part of writing. I write garbage first, just to get the story told. I then edit the work into a more finished product.
Poetry, article writing, blogging, writing assignment, are also writing. World and character creation is also writing. We even count E-mails as writing, as long as they are wordy and pertain to story or writing. Anything else you might think is writing, is. If you have to ask if it is, the answer is yes.

As mentioned above, my word count went down. A couple weeks ago, I split a section of the story in two, so I could write two points of view out completely, before combining them in an interlaced fashion. I dug into the second point of view and removed some sections and added more, causing a word count loss. I improved what I have so I wrote.

On the story idea front, I was running a story idea behind because of a meeting the week before On Friday morning, I wrote a story idea to get caught up. that evening, I wrote a second story idea for that day. I then saw I had time so I wrote a third story idea. I then remembered there was a forth story idea that was similar to the third, and wrote that.
I wrote and posted four story ideas that day. Saturday, we had a family gathering and I did not have time to write a story idea.
tonight, I posted story idea 32, which is one above what was needed for the month. I AM NOW TWO STORY IDEAS AHEAD FOR THE YEAR!!!!
For the month, I wrote 32 story ideas, ending on Page 52, with a total of 31,574 words of pure drivel.

I have come up with loads of new story ideas. Many I wrote, did not live up to my expectations. time, initiative, or the core of the story, caused the presentation to fall short. there were a few I felt quite comfortable about.
New story ideas have been flowing like mad lately. it is fun. Today I came up with four ideas and wrote one of them tonight.
Including what I posted tonight, I now have 60 story ideas in my compost pile. I likely have twenty great story ideas buried in the stack. Another twenty that will do in a pinch, and another twenty that really don't need to see the light of day. Even with the eight story ideas I wrote this week, I gained a story idea, going from 59 last week to 60 this week. they are flowing.


AS to the question of the week,
I can say

YES, I DID WRITE

DID YOU WRITE?

No comments: