Sunday, August 8, 2021

Year 21, Week 22, Day One (week 1116) 06-26-21 Saturday

  Year 21, Week 22, Day One (week 1116) 

 (January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)

06-26-21 Saturday


06-26-21

81 as the low, 85 when I got outside, 86 as the high, mostly and partially cloudy. One tiny misting showed up, then that was then gone. The humidity felt higher all day long. Dots of showers kept coming off the ocean, playing tag with different parts of the area, but not here.

I accomplished very little today. I looked at my gas tanks for the BBQ and they seem full. I don’t know about the one on the unit itself. That killed my excuse to go to the hardware store.

We had dots of showers zipping through and when I first walked out back, one was passing over. This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department Of Tourism


I did cut a little sapling that was growing between the fences. About the diameter of two fingers side by side. I am sure it was a Gumbo Limbo, which is a native tree, sometimes called a tourist tree because when growing in the shade of a forest, it will develop red, pealing skin. Mom had cut about half way through. I basically bent it to the side until it broke, then bent it to the other side and it came off. It was not a strong wood, a little softer than whitewood.


Other than spending time talking to a neighbor, I accomplished nothing else.


During the week, Mom dug out her sand pile and put them in four foot and three foot diameter planter pots. It was a lot of work. She simply took her time and worked shovel by shovel. I think it took her like two days to do it. It made a big difference. Takes up less room and easier to use. 


Year 21, Week 22, Day Two (week 1116) 

 (January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)

06-27-21 Sunday


82 as the low, 87 as the high. a mixture of clouds with lots of blue sky. Radar showed dots coming off the ocean but missed us entirely. humidity this weekend is inching up more and more. This weather report is brought to you by The City Of Pompano Beach Department Of Tourism.


I worked on some of the trucks using the dremel, turning them into step bed trucks. I added windows to a couple other vehicles. 


Mom and my neighbor’s fences are back from the property line a bit. There is a Schefflera tree growing on our property, but we have to go around to the other end of the block to get to that part of the property. A Schefflera tree sprang up there and sent up a bunch of trunks. Since it is on our properties we had the right to remove it. It broke one post on my mom’s fence by leaning against it. My brother, with the help of a neighbor cut down much of that Schefflera tree down using a saw-all. To take it the rest of the way out, he now has to bring a chain saw because the trunk is too think for the saws-all. It made a big difference in mom’s view. 


I will see what I accomplish next weekend.

548

mom's new sand pile storage.




\Alamanda blossom

Alamanda blossom



flower bud

clerodendron  timmed, roots all but cut, ready for relocation

trucks and cars christmas ornaments

another view of trucks and cars christmas ornaments


No comments: