Sunday, January 3, 2021

Year 20, Week 50, Day one (week 1093) 01-01-21 Friday New Year's Day

   Year 20, Week 50, Day one (week 1093)

(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)

01-01-21 Friday New Year's Day


75 degrees morning 80 degrees as the high. Between overcast and partly cloudy all day. This weather report is brought to you by The City Of Pompano Beach department Of tourism. 

We battled 2020 all year with great effort. Now we have to admit that 2021....

I started very slowly. It was about 10 before I got to Mom’s house. I accomplished little next than nothing and mainly spent my day sleeping. It was not a day to go to the stores or anything so I stayed at moms until it was time to go home.


During the week, I stopped at the dollar store twice. I was looking for something that would work for making a flower display that looks like a puppy. I bought a few flowers and some foam. The second time I looked closer and found out they had another kind of white flower, and I got a pack of googly eyes. I doubt I will use them. 

I will see if I accomplish something tomorrow.



Year 20, Week 50, Day one (week 1093)

(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)

01-02-21 Saturday

77 lows, 80 as the high, mostly fair. This weather report is brought to you by The City Of Pompano Beach department Of tourism. 

It is horrendous. We have 358 days till Christmas and people ALREADY have their Christmas lights up. When is this going to stop? Are they going to leave their lights up all year. Are they going to be playing Christmas songs during Valentine’s day? We got to put our foot down now!!!<g>

I went to a grocery store, then Michael’s Art Supply, then Walmart. I intended two more stops but this was more walking than I usually do so I gave up on the other places. 

I went to Michael’s to look at their flowers. I found the right ones, but they were way too expensive. The puppy bouquet project looked like it would cost $50 or $60 when done. It was not worth that much to me. It was fun walking around the place. It had been likely over a year since I had been there. 

At Walmart, I was looking for a couple items and could not find them. I ended up leaving without buying anything. 

As I said, by then I had enough walking. I went to Mom’s house and spent most of the rest of my day sleeping. Not very productive but it felt right.

Will see what I do tomorrow. 


Year 20, Week 50, Day one (week 1093)

(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)

01-03-21 Sunday

66 low, 80 as the high. Fair shifting to partly cloudy. This weather report is brought to you by The City Of Pompano Beach department Of tourism. 

I overheard the year 2021 talking to the year 2020. 2021 said “That was so cute. Hold my beer and watch this!!”

I went to gas up. Then I stopped at Harbor Fright, Walmart and Lowes. 

I have a project involving the stand that my little machine lathe is on. It could use some drawers and I was exploring possibilities on that. I have the dog bouquet, and I needed something at home. It is fun when their display shows they carry something, but the shelf is bare at that spot. I had found exactly what I wanted at Lowes, as a picture on the shelf, but no boxes available. The same thing happened at Walmart. They had exactly what I wanted on display where I could touch it, but none of the boxes was there. 

Harbor freight did not have some of what I was after, but I did find some things to buy. One was a package of 10 solar powered lights. I got them for Mom. She loves that kind of thing. I almost had several things in my hand, but forced myself to keep my hands back. I also saw some items I could use in later projects. It also dawned on me that I forgot to look for something at Lowes. Oh well. 

I got out back Mom’s house. She mentioned she had some Citronella candle buckets. I went to where she said they were and did find one. It is the right size for the puppy bouquet project. I spent my time cleaning it, scraping, brushing with a wire brush, some sanding. I really just need to give it a good wash in hot soap and water before I paint it for as the pot for the bouquet. I could not find anything like this in the stores, although I never asked about them. 

Other than that, I talked machining videos we saw over the past week. 

I had some stuff to do at home so I left fairly early.

Will see what I do next week. 

825

No comments: