Sunday, November 3, 2019

Year 19, Week 33, Day One (week 1033)

Year 19, Week 33, Day One (week 1033)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
09-07-19 Saturday

The first thing after breakfast was to mow the front yard of mom’s neighbor. The potted plants are off the grass so I can mow where they sit. When I put them back, I will put them in a different arrangement. The end plants won’t be the ones with lots of hangover. Palm fronds tend to stretch out and get in your way. I will space them with the mower in mind.

I went to Lowes. I got one item I was after, another cost more than I was wanting to spend at the moment, and I could not remember what the third thing was that I was after. Forgot my note in the memory book because I could not find what I did with my memory book.... I need a memory book for that.....
I remembered what it was later and realized I was just going to see what was available and what they went for. I had walked much of the store. 
I then went to get groceries and walked side to side a couple times, and up and down a few isles. Nothing like walking the whole store. 
I drove the southern part of the yard sale route. I saw one sign with an arrow but could not find a second sign or any evidence of a sale. I went back past the sign and decided it was not worth the effort to read the address and find it. 

I started bringing the equipment to the back yard. The main stuff is out there but needs some moving around. There is a bunch of small stuff that has to be put back. Between mowing and walking, I had to put some effort to stand up to do something. Mom had me cut up a couple plants. She likes her trees small and these were ones that were getting too big for her good.

Naggings attacked my legs but I did get some sleep during my nap. right now my legs are acting nice. 

Year 19, Week 33, Day One (week 1033)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
09-08-19 Sunday

I started the morning by mowing more of the back lawn. When I mow again, I will have to re-mow the area I just did as a lot of the tall stuff laid down. There were some “rocks” in the way and I moved them onto the concrete patio. There were four patio stones buried in the grass. They were two sided. One side had “chattahoochee” imbedded in the concrete. Chattahoochee is a small river rock that are embedded in concrete. That was popular in the 60s and 70s, and went out of favor in the early 90s when the gravel pit of the best rocks was played out. The other side was flat concrete. I mowed a good section of the lawn I did not mow before but still have more to do and then put the mower away. I got the handcart and moved the patio stones out front between the houses where we cross from mom’s house to the neighbors. As my brother was leaving, I laid them down between the two pavements, three in a row and a spare. What I really intended to do was to remove the grass in that area and stick them in a place that has bare dirt, and then set the stones down somewhat level. Instead I just dropped them in place. I noticed that with the plants in their pots, the grass beneath them die and the pots settle down a tiny bit more. I figure that will happen with these stones. I have to relocate the plants and put them where they need to be for now. I figure I might do that next time I am over. I need to stop at a couple stores on the way home.

I brought some more stuff out back and put a bunch of it away. I replaced the sanding disk on the disk sander and then shaped the feet for the cane I use when I go with mom. This was the cane I use when I ride with Mom.  The pipes that make up the legs go out straight out on an angle out so I tapered the feet close at the top and wide at the bottom. I then rounded the bottom. Just a little bit of the feet touch the ground. They will wear a flat spot over time.

I brought over some hamburger patties to mom and got her to fry some of it up in the Spanish Rice sauce she was making. She usually uses beef broth in it but decided that the hamburger would give it the flavor it needed.  She gave me a big bowl of her sauce to take home before she let it just sit and simmer till time to fix lunch. I put six tablespoons of sauce in sandwich baggies and stuck them in the freezer. I think I got five baggies of sauce.  I never fully fill the baggies, but instead try to keep them thin to where I can break it apart and use just some in the baggy if my recipe only needs a little, especially when cooking for one.

My brother and I sat out back and I “whittled” on a few carvings, but mostly sat and talked about videos he was watching. This time a lot about cars, heavy machinery, and truck repair projects. 

I still have a lot of stuff that has to go out back, but there is no rush on that. These are mostly stuff that ends up getting stored out there.

I found the missing window panels on the neighbor’s house. The neighbor and I had brought them inside earlier this year and was using the bathroom window panels to locate and measure the bookshelves he wants to put in the back room. They bathroom panels are the same size as the standard book shelf base. The other panels were in the corner next to the closet door. We had forgotten we had brought them in. Now I need to get a whole bunch of the wing nuts as we are very short of them. 

A couple days ago, they set up donation sites for the Bahamas. I was watching the news and one could tell that most of the people were delivering hurricane supplies they bought for the storm and won’t need until the next storm. Water mostly, can goods, and generators.
I did not drive my truck today. My yard sale runs is about a gallon long. I saved a gallon. I did not gas up this weekend and I usually gas up every weekend. I have just over a half tank of gas so it will carry me through to next weekend if I don’t do some extra driving. 

I can see that mom really appreciates me being around. I am someone to talk to that does not pass on what she says. I am there to help her. She gets to do things with me. We get along really well. 
1203

No comments: