Saturday, January 14, 2017

Year 16, Week 51, Day One (week 885)

Year 16, Week 51, Day One (week 885)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
12-31-16 Saturday

54 degrees early morning high 70s in the afternoon Partly sunny, a continuous herd of clouds meandering across the sky. Last night, the report showed it was 59 and predicted 58. I knew it was going to get colder. Being well below the 56 degree frost temperature of this subtropical area, everything covered in frost was gorgeous, especially the palm trees. I was so enthralled with the view that I forgot to take a picture to share the beauty. This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department Of Tourism. . 

I spent the day sorting stuff and putting stuff away. It is interesting how what starts as a two minute project ends up taking a most of the day. I am looking for like five things, and the best way to find them is to dig through stuff, sort, wash, put away properly (so I can never find them again when I need them). 
Between all of that, I also took a nap and rested a lot. Surprising how days disappear.





 Year 16, Week 51, Day Two (week 885)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
01-01-17 Sunday

High 60s before dark, near 80 late in the afternoon, some showers before dark but scattered herds of clouds with some sun. This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department Of Tourism. 

At moms, I helped with a project that took longer than expected. Had a friend who used to flip houses to come over next door and look at the design of the house. Most of what she suggested sounds good. The only chance I would not do is replacing the vanity in the master bathroom with a pedestal sink. I am the kind of person who never has enough storage. I have no idea what the owner will do, but most of the ideas sound interesting. 

I did some quick projects before calling the end of the day. 



 Year 16, Week 51, Day Three (week 885)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
01-02-17 Monday

Low 70s early morning, 81 afternoon. Mostly sunny, herds of puffs, many are wispy enough that the sun pierces right through them. A nice breeze took away any heat with gusts that cause bags to fly around and mess hair. This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department Of Tourism.

Did some running around with my brother. He was doing a favor of trying to unstop a plumbing system. His snakes used to clean out the plumbing was either too short or too big. Today we rented one at the hardware store. Even then it was too short. On a lark, he decided to run it from the clean-out into the house. Usually this does not work. Sanitary plumbing us Y fittings where two pipes meet. A T would cause backups, while a Y fitting allows both lines to drain easily. When a Y is found, the snake will inevitably go the wrong way. He ran the snake into the clean out, which is a fitting outside the house, and found a corner it refused to go around. He kept trying, then suddenly liquid started flowing. It turned out that there was a blob of grease in the way. That drain might not have a problem for decades now. Then again, it might be only part of the problem. It is the best he can do now. If it gets worse, the owner will have to hire a plumber. 

When we went back, to the box hardware store, we decided to pick up a few things we need. That ended up taking some time. One large item had to be taken down from a high shelf. It was not going to be done with the guy helping us.

I had four or five things planned to be done this weekend, and I have accomplished half of one.....

One project I really wanted to work on was to empty the shed and sort through the stuff. I am sure I can toss a number of items. I really needed to start that early morning and work on it all day. I never got near the shed today. 

I also intended to do a quick lathe project. Never touched the lathe. 

I will see what I do next weekend. 

750


No comments: