Monday, April 6, 2015

Year 16, Week 10, Day One (week 756)

Year 16, Week 10, Day One (week 756)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
03-28-15 Saturday
   
    68 degrees early morning 74 high, strong winds with hat blowing gusts especially when in places where buildings focus the wind. Mostly sunny with high plates and feathers mostly to the north and west. This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department of Tourism.
   
    Mom had to go to a meeting I was not able to attend. I was on my own for the day.
    After breakfast, which was a bit earlier than normal, I went to Home Depot to get some items I need for tomorrow’s projects. While there, I went into the gardening section. I did not see any plants I really wanted to kill. They were nice and pretty, but they did not need to come home. I was reminded as to why TV landscapers love drifts of the same plant. It adds to an eye filling display.
   
    Yard sales were almost not found early in the morning. I drove past a Plant Nursery and had a good look there. We had some really strong winds last night and they had a bunch of plants that were blown over, including some two foot diameter palm trees in pots. They had opened not long before I got there and were just starting the clean-up process.
    They had some pretty blue flowers there. I decided they would not do well in the shade of my porch so I did not get them, even though they were the perfect color. I loved looking at the mixture of texture and color of the non-flowering plants in the distance.
    Some of my plants have been in pots for years so I decided to get pound bag of Palm Fertilizer for them. There used to be a gardening show on the radio I used to listen to on the radio and he used palm Fertilizer for every kind of plant. I figured if it was good enough for him, it would work for me.
   
    I got into the wealthy areas on the canals. I found just a few yard sales there. I had a wonderful drive through well manicured landscapes and gorgeous homes. Most homes are single story but now they are building two story homes, especially when you get off the main drag and down the canals. I found that the two story homes are more impressive. They cannot be accidentally taken for something in a lower cost neighborhood. I also find I like the homes with pillars along the front. It gives them a more important look.
    In the few yard sales I hit, I got a few nick-knacks that I will be gifting to someone who really loves that kind of thing. I get things I would not be sad if I ended up keeping them, but know others would love them. It makes gifting more interesting as if I change my mind, I am not sad.
   
    At Mom’s house, I petted momma kitty for a little bit, and then napped for longer than I intended. After Lunch, I did some computer stuff for Mom, napped a little more and then waited for the day to end, while doing a little crochet. I had not realized how much I did in my traveling around.  I did go out to see Mamma kitty several times during the day. When I left, she looked indignant at me that I would not spend even more time with her.
   
    I have some at home projects for tomorrow so there won’t be any woodworking. I doubt I will have anything to mention about my activities tomorrow.   I do know it will get down to the 56 degree frost temperatures tomorrow morning.
   
    I will see what I do tomorrow. If not, I will see what I will do next weekend.
   
   
   
   
   
   
   

No comments: