Sunday, March 24, 2013

Year 13, Week 9, Day One (week 685)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
03-23-13 Saturday
   
    68 Early morning with 100% humidity because it rained over night and that was evaporating and filling the air, 82 high, blue skies with some clouds over the Everglades nice breeze making it feel cool and comfortable. This weather report is brought to you by the City of Pompano Beach Department of Tourism.

I got "slammed" during the week. Unable to sleep well, spitting up, not hungry, coughing and hacking, My mind not up to full power. I ended up calling the doctor and seeing him the next day. My blood pressure meds were causing the coughing. I had a couple other problems he dealt with. The next day, before any of the meds really had any chance to set it, I was at work and found my "higher functions" were unable to work such as tracking multiple pieces of information or withholding information told me. I could do my work much of which is by rote, but I had to plot my way through the information rather than plan ahead. I was surprised how little of my mind was actually ever involved in my work at any time. I started getting better as the week finished up. I learned another reason I love my job.


SATURDAY

We hit several places in our Yard sailing. I did not see any "goodies" in a couple of them. I walked away from each disappointed. At one church yard sale, they have it about each month, and it is getting smaller and smaller each time. A woman had some dragon items. I grabbed a calendar and avoided the books and stuffies.
One thing about the thrill of the hunt, you hope you actually catch something. when you leave empty handed, it is a let-down. I am at that point where I either KNOW I WILL NEVER USE IT, HAVE NO NEED FOR IT,  OR ALREADY HAVE IT. It saves money but not as fun.


We got home and I saw I don't have the endurance I used to have, by far. We settled in the recliners, turned on the TV and both slept. We did get up and check on things in back. I really wanted to make some crochet hooks, but had nothing left to do that.

By mutual agreement, I won't be going to Mom's house tomorrow. I will spend most of my time searching for missing bits of sleep and making use of them. I do have work that needs to be done but whether that happens is something else.

I will see what happens tomorrow
       



Year 13, Week 9, Day Two (week 685)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
03-24-13 Sunday

high 60s in the morning, low 80s in the afternoon, some sun in the morning but it was gone past noon. This weather report is brought to you by the city of Sunrise Department of Tourism.

I had lost a lot of sleep during the week, so I spent most of the morning gathering wayward bits. When I had enough, I would lay down and nap until they were used up. Then I would look for more. That ran out after a while, but I would find more after a long period of time.

I have not had much energy for anything other than some “big cooking” which I do some weekends. I get the urge in me and will cook something that requires a bunch of work. I will make my own noodles from a 1945 cook book, I have stuffed cabbage, made lasagna and stuffed peppers.
I had some hot smoked sausage that I decided I would not use any other way and am making filling for something. I might make noodles.

I did use two cutting boards I rescued a while back

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had started a scarf with the base at six foot long, the side of the scarf, and have worked across it, changing yarns with each row. I showed it to Mom and she likes it. The two yarns look exactly the same in normal light, but in bright light, their differences show up, adding beauty to it.
I will do four more rows and it will be done.

While sitting on the computer, here, I thought about having the mini lathe set up here so I could use it when I am home. I then spotted a major problem. I was on the computer at the time and would not shut it down for the lathe. That is why it is in a different location than the computer. I cannot do both at the same time.

I have a bunch of doctor appointments this week. I will see what is planned for next week. I am thinking crochet hooks, especially if Mom’s sewer work starts.

I will see what I do next week.

No comments: