Sunday, March 24, 2013

Year 13, Week 8, Day One (week 684)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
03-09-13 Saturday
    63 early morning, 68 when I got out back, breeze, clouds. This weather report is brought to you by the Pompano City  Department of Tourism.

During the week, I went to the bone doctor about my knee. they took X-rays and when we got together a bit later, the news was not good. the knee is collapsing. I will Eventually need a knee replacement. He gave me a brace for my knee to assist in pulling it a little true. the brace reminds me my leg is not right and because it adds additional dimension to my leg, the pants don't hang straight down now and you can see the angle.

I had some big plans for the day, but I appear to be catching another cold. I am a bit tired.

We hit some yard sales and I got a pair of small duck baskets that a friend of mine will love. A an indoor yard/collector sale I nabbed a third basket

We were kind of late and I went outside in the "warmer" part of the day, I was a little cool yet, and talked on the phone for a while. That took up a lot of time, but it was pleasurable.

I went inside and laid down in the recliner and dozed off. I ended up sleeping till about time to go to the meeting in the evening and was still too tired. I left extra early as I was not doing good. I made it  home safely and fell fast a sleep

For tomorrow, I have to bring home some bins from the art show and put some carvings away.

Will see what else I do tomorrow.     

Year 13, Week 8, Day two (week 684)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
03-10-13 Sunday.

I slept really late and half thought about not going to Mom's house. My brother came to Mom's house early so I got ready and headed up there.

I have had braces and such get really funky when worn for a while. I decided to wrap terrycloth around my leg first, than add the brace. the idea is that the cloth takes up all the perspiration and the brace will stay better a little longer. I do not know what that does to the efficiency. I will know when I see the doctor the next time.

Mom will be having a sewer put in and my brother was preparing there area where the pipe actually drops straight down to get to the city sewer elevation. When they rebuild the road, they poured the aprons leading from the road to the driveways. We found out that this was six inches thick. My brother and nephew worked most of the day on that.  Saw to cut slots to control the spread of cracks, my nephew slamming a sledge hammer down to create cracks in the area to remove, then my brother with a chipping hammer to try to worry the pieces off.

While they were doing that, I got my bumper out of the back of the truck and was trying to fit it on I found none of my crescent wrenches were big enough for the nuts. I was going to use my monkey wrenches for that.
I quickly found I cold not handle the bumper alone. the horns kept turning down and I could not line up the holes and keep the bumper under control.
During his break my nephew helped me get the bumper on and I got some nuts hand tightened. I knew instantly that my wrench was not going to work My nephew brought over a deep socket set and I was able to finish the job. It might not be EXACTLY straight, but good enough for government work.

My next project was to deal with the bins and stuff. I located the bins with the fairies and other large carvings and started putting them away on the shelves. I only had a couple left to put up when one with a VERY heavy base fell off. EEEK!!!!
The wings on two fairies were broken, and the mushroom of another was broken. All can be repaired with just a little work, and glue. I decided not to deal with that today.

Bins with shelving supplies and with my small carvings all went into the truck. My  bin of wood turnings went into mom's back room for now. I plan  on bringing them to the antique shop at the end of the month.

I am still tired so I am calling it a day.

Next week, I need to work on crochet hooks. I seem to be using up the ones I have.

Will see what I actually do next week.

No comments: