Sunday, April 1, 2012

LOOK! UP IN THE SKY!


Hello Everybody. Lee Houston, Junior here.
Yes, I know, it's been quite a while since I posted here last.
Been busy writing and editing between The Free Choice E-zine and Pro Se Productions. Anyway...
Perhaps it grew out of my love for science fiction, but one of my hobbies is amateur astronomy.
I love to look up at the sky at night, see all the stars and the vastness of the cosmos, and wonder about things. Like, are we alone? Is Earth the only inhabitable planet in the entire universe. Stuff I'm sure everybody ponders from time to time.

Well, recently I came across a new, detailed image of the Milky Way I would like to share.

Hey. Considering what today is, what were you expecting? An image of water on Mars?

Seriously, astronomy is a fascinating subject and a lot of what was considered science fiction in the past is actually science FACT today, thanks in part to the space program.
While it may not happen immediately, I sincerely wish that someday mankind does make it to the stars and "seek out new life and new civilizations", exploring those strange new worlds, and boldly going you know where.
I hope everyone had a great April Fool's Day and enjoyed this lighthearted peek into one of my many interests.

No comments: