Monday, February 20, 2012

Did you write? 02-20-12

Did you write? 02-20-12

It is that time of the week to report about your life and how it effects your writing. The hope is that if you post here often about not writing, or not meeting your goals, you will be shamed into tackling something just so you can say that you accomplished something. It worked well for me many times.

As to what is writing, we all know new writing is writing. Editing, even if it is the work of others is also writing. Critiquing is a form of writing and therefore counts. Synopsis, query letters, poetry, technical writing, blogging, writing assignments, world and character creation are all writing. Bulletin board and E-mails can also be writing if they are very wordy and pertain to story or writing. If you have to ask, it is writing. Many of these also might not be considered writing. It is strictly up to you.

As for me, I did write. I did a lot of editing of stuff already written on my work in progress. I also swapped a bunch of scenes around to make the story flow better. A few passages were rewritten. I really need to work on new content, mainly pushing on towards the ending. In the end, when all was written and saved, I removed 41 words from my story.

On the story idea front, I had dug into my stack a little this week, but today I came up with four new story ideas. Six total including the weekend. This gives me a total of 45 ideas in my compost pile. A couple of the new ideas really need to be written before they sink too far into the stack.

I decided to stop on what was some rush jobs for my art show. It dawned on me there was no way they would get done in time. I changed to some in progress projects that are not as difficult. Even so, they will be a test of my productivity to get them done. I have only four weekends to get them done, and when you remove all the days that will be aimed to other projects, I really have only two or thee days total to finish them. That is going to be a challenge. Even these really don't have to be done for the show. I would just like a couple more new items to display.

As to the question of the week,

I can honestly say,

YES I DID WRITE

DID YOU WRITE?

No comments: