Monday, February 6, 2012

Did you Write? 02-06-12

Did you Write? 02-06-12

It is that time of the week again, to report what is going on and in the process tell about your writing. The idea is that you post regularly and repeated "I did not write" will bother you enough to open something during the week so you can report positively in these notes.
This note is really for those who write once a month or a couple times a year. If you force yourself to write because of this note, it could become a habit. Not all habits are bad. For others, reporting that you did not meet your goals might cause you to buckle down and write more intensely.

As to what is writing, we all know that new writing is writing. Editing, even if it is the work of others, is also writing. Critiquing is a form of writing so that also counts. Poetry, technical writing, blogging articles, writing assignments, synopsis, query letters, world or character creation, are all writing. E-mails and Bulletin board posts can also be writing if they are very wordy and pertain to story or writing. In essence, if you have to ask if it is writing, the answer will always be yes.

How much writing counts does not matter either. it could be THE RIGHT WORD or it could be a whole book. The amount does not matter as long as you open something.

As for me. I am not writing as much as I feel I should. It is surprising at how long little things take to be done.
almost every timer I open my work, I end up spending time editing what I already have down, before I get around to add something new. I should concentrate on new content and let the editing sit until I am done with the actual story. it would be worth more to actually get the story done.
As it is, I added four pages, 2400 words. I did add several fresh scenes this week. That feels good. While writing this passage, I thought of a key scene that was needed and wrote that out roughly. I will build on it in my next writing session. This story is drifting away from my original concept, but fits what happened in the first story which was nothing like the original two page short story I wrote that seeded it.


I have 45 story ideas in my compost pile. I don't have time to write the idea for tonight, but since the month is young, I am not bothered by that.
I finished last month's story ideas last week. I did well last month on the story idea front. I wrote 32 story ideas for a 31 day month, they covered 31 pages and ended up with 18618 total words. That is not bad.

As to the question of the week,
I can honestly say,

YES, I DID WRITE

DID YOU WRITE?


No comments: