Monday, March 1, 2010

Did You Write? 03-01-10

Did You Write? 03-01-10

Today is a new month, a new week, and a new day. It is also time to announce to the whole world as to whether you were able to keep up with our attempt to write some time during this week or you let life get in the way to your reach for greatness.
How much that is written, and what is written is unimportant. It is that you actually did write, is all we are counting.
I list what can be writing, each week. They are not the whole list, just suggestions of what you can call writing. It is really up to you as to what is writing. We are not picky.
All new writing, editing even if it is someone else's work, poetry, blogging, article writing, writing assignments, character and world creation, critiquing, just to name a few suggestions. The list can go on and on. Develop the habit of writing each week and one will end up with results over time.

As for me, Yes, I can say I wrote. I have expended a lot of words in E-mail with my writing partners as they guided me through the creation of some characters and the world I am writing right now. Our images of the place did not align and now I may have something we can all accept.
Because of this, I made a copy of the work in progress, then zapped everything that involved that world and have started over. I like it better now. I will pull in some of what I had, a bit later, but for now I am writing this section of the story fresh.
In this section of rewrite, I have added two pages at 946 words. This takes this story from 7186 words to 4219 words. Of course, everything before this will have to be rewritten too, but not now.
I also worked on a different bit of the story, mostly just scene development, and added 246 words to that piece. That will be pulled in, in whole a bit later too. I have some rewriting on that also because of discussions with my writing partners.

On the writing idea front, I had a pretty good month. I have 43 story ideas in my compost pile, including what I am posting tonight. I am using the ideas I came up with over the past few weeks.
During last month, I posted 28 story ideas, at 26,834 words, and 45 pages. Not bad for pure drivel. It proves that ideas are a dime a dozen...

This weekend, I ran across a yard sale where a guy was retiring and selling his tools. I spent a bunch of money and came home with loads of tools. I am trying to reduce what I have in my house, but instead, every time I turn around, I am getting more stuff. They are wonderful things, things I have always wanted, but have lived and could continue to live without them.
My brother took a bunch of stuff too. I had the urge to stop on the way home, a fourth visit, but forced myself to keep going.

I am now concentrating on getting ready for an art show I will be part of. I need to put my full attention to getting my work up to a higher level of finish. Over the years, I have had bouts of laziness when it comes to sanding and varnishing my woodworking, where one can see the scratches and tool marks in the surface. An example, is a platter I ran across. It has deep sandpaper scratches, built up varnish blobs, and looks like it was a mistake. I started sanding it this weekend and am making headway of making it presentable. My laziness back then is causing me a whole lot of work now. I need to look over every piece of work I have and do a similar attention to detail. My worst pieces will get the most attention so the average will be better.

Taking the above and turning it into a story idea,
they are in the process of abandoning the space station. It has serious problems because they lost a trade route and they can no longer support this station. People remove the stuff from their homes, leaving the place clean. The station might be put back to use some other time so they are leaving it nice for the next people.
The big thing is that there is a lot of stuff that people just do not feel like moving. People with money, and possibly not access to certain types of personal items, are buying stuff from the others, upgrading their holdings.
He does not have a lot of money, but he knows a deal when he sees it. People put their stuff out to sale and he buys it. His problem is that he has a whole load of stuff himself so he does not need all of this. He cannot let this stuff get dumped so he picks out the best he can afford at any one time and gets them. He has tools to work, books, furniture, toys. While he is accumulating this stuff, he is sorting his stuff for his turn to leave, which will be near the end of the evacuation

As to the question of the day

YES I DID WRITE

DID YOU WRITE?

No comments: