Friday, October 2, 2009

SO WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

The last time I posted to this forum, I talked about my lack of time and how to combat writer's block when you do have the time to write but don't have anything to write about.
Well today, I'm going to tell all you fine folks why I have not had much "spare" time of late.

I have been reading, and I seriously stress the R word here, reading comic books since issue 434 of DC's Action Comics (circa May, 1974), and it has always been practically a life long dream to be a part of the comic book industry working on the "other" side of the page.

Well, dreams DO come true!

Wearing a wide variety of hats, with the biggest being Associate Editor At Large, I have been helping a fledgling comic book company called Affinity Storm Press get up and running.

It has not only been a lot of hard work, it has also been a labor of love for myself and all the other creative people involved.

At the moment, if you go to http://www.affinitystormpress.com , you will find a preview story of our first release The Written, a six part mini-series written by Sonny O. Azeez with full art by Lara Phillips. Don't worry, the actual images on the website are better.


Coming soon will begin The Prologue To Disaster, a web serial that not only serves as a launching platform for the entire Affinity Universe continuity, but will also present previews of the upcoming series.
Those are:
*Tiara: Mistress of Time (science-fiction in the classic tradition)
*Urde: The Fourth Age (sword and sorcery with a twist)
*The Genesis Project (the pursuit of knowledge does not always result in new revelations) and
*The Staff of Ezekiel (the latest hero may not be the greatest, but he is trying)
And for those wondering why I mentioning all of this, besides my company title and being proud of all the hard work of everyone involved, I am the assistant editor on The Written and the editor on the rest.
The web site is up and running now. The company's official debut is scheduled for November 1, 2009, with the web serial to begin shortly afterwards.
The books are scheduled to start appearing in Spring 2010.


No comments: