Saturday, February 25, 2017

Year 17, Week 04, Day One (week 890)

Year 17, Week 04, Day One (week 890)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
02-04-17 Saturday

high 60s early morning, high 70s late afternoon. Hazy blue sky early morning some puffs in the afternoon. This weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department Of Tourism.

I did do some yard sailing and did well. I picked up a big cast iron pot. I don’t need it as I already have two. This one is slightly better than my original big one, which is about the same size. I then have a smaller one we used when we had our Christmas Bar B Q.. 
I also found a musical instrument that you blow into and push keys. It takes a good set of lungs to play a whole song. I can’t play worth beans. This was not a toy. I showed it to Mom and she scarfed it up. She found it difficult to blow into it for long. I reminded her of those devices in the hospital that you breathe into to strengthen your lungs. I said this would be a good replacement. 

Over at the house again. There was a glass holder above where the bar was. We removed the glass holding panel and found there was a flourescent light in it. That explains everything. When we moved the bar, there was a wire going from the bar and into the wall. We cut it and wire-nutted it. Now we now realize that a switch in the bart powered the light above the glasses. From what I figure, the light passed through a diffusing panel and into the glasses themselves, causing the glasses to glow. It would have been nice to see it but never had a clue. 
We took down some bottle racks on the wall but left the upper shelf up for now. That will come down later. They had used 4 inch screws and it was fun to just twist and twist and twist with a flat-head screwdriver until they finally came out. 
There was thought that the base of the kitchen table could be used for storage. We then noticed that the table top was two pieces, and we then saw it would slide. I decided to open it up and see inside. The guy who built this was a genius of design. The base spits apart and a gear on one of the rails caused the halves to separate evenly. We put a center panel, that we found hidden behind the curtains, in place and it makes for a nice family table. The base, of course, cannot be used for storage, but it was a nice thought. We put the center panel away and closed it up. 

Between the yard sailing and working with the furniture, I was too wore out to consider working wood later in the day. 

I will see what happens tomorrow.




Year 17, Week 04, Day One (week 890)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
02-04-17 Saturday

High 60s early morning, very low 80s, lots of clouds but lots of sun. this weather report is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department Of Tourism.


We went back to the house and my brother and I took down the rest of the glass holder unit. Again, really long screws. Some of them could be taken out with an impact driver, but some had to be done by hand. Together we got it down. After looking at it a moment, Mom decided the case would make a good display shelf. We just need to get some hardware, shelving, and a back panel. It fits the design of the rest of the furniture. It might need to be screwed to the wall or something else as it is tall and narrow, but it should be nice addition to the living room.

That was about all I had time for before I had to head home and recover from the weekend. 

I will see what I do next week.

678

The wind instrument

the pot on the left is new, the other two I already had

The glass holder in place



The glass holder sitting up like a shelf unit.

No comments: