Sunday, October 27, 2013

Year 14, Week 40, Day One (week 686)

Year 14, Week 40, Day One (week 686)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
10-26-13 Saturday
   
    85 degrees, mostly sunny with loads of puffs all over the sky and a nice breeze. This weather report is brought to you by the City of Pompano Beach department of Tourism.

    We hit several yard sales. One was put on by the local animal rescue. That one was WONDERFUL, except... With absolutely everything I saw that I considered taking home, I remembered I had one or more of them already at home!!!   I did see something I gave slight thought to and wished I got. there are "socks" that you slide over the handles of cast iron pans and other pots you put into the oven to cook something. I should have gotten them but did not really give it thought until I did just that for dinner.....
    At an individual yard sale, I picked up a marble rolling pin. This is something I SORT OF wanted to have but would never buy it new. I never even saw any in the stores. I had to have it and the price, two dollars, was too good to ignore. I now will put one of my wooden rolling pins in the yard sale bin I am developing. At that yard sale I also got some cookie cutters that are going to a friend, some silverware that I donated to my church in the evening, some cake decorating tips, and a few other items.
   
I had to go to a meeting and that killed my morning entirely. Mom and I then stopped at several stores to buy some shirts. One store we went to is called BIG LOTS. They have overstock, short sale and some of their own stuff. They also have food stuff. I picked up some packages of RED HILL bread mixes. I am going to give some to my niece as she wanted to try making bread. With the 10 grain bread, all you add is water and oil. the package has everything you need. There was also gluten free bread.

Other than about fifteen minutes while Mom petted and fed Momma cat, I was not outside at all except for going two and from the car and some building.
   
    I hope to do some woodworking tomorrow.
   
    I will see what I actually do.


Year 14, Week 40, Day Two (week 686)
(January 17, 2000 was my first carving day.)
10-27-13 Sunday
   
    85 loads of high, streaks and feathers, and low puffs. It is a surprise that it was sunny all day with all the clouds around. The breeze was nice. This weather report Is brought to you by the City Of Pompano Beach Department of Tourism.
   
    I stopped at my brother's house first thing. He is not feeling well. I dropped off the bread mixes to my niece. I got three hugs!!! I should have done that sooner!!! She has been wanting to try it for several months and this will give her an excuse to play around.

    At Mom's house, I dug out my penguin carvings and worked on them. I touched up some details and then applied paint. My first two penguins had dark red for the scarves and hats. The red is too dark next to the black of the bodies I decided orange would be better and it looks a little better, but I might add red stripes down the middle of them.
    A few of them need some knife touch ups and all need paint touch ups beside details. Paint tends to show up little flaws. I have some "feathers" of wood that I did not clean up, one beak is too broad. There are a few other things like that. I should touch up the paint on the first two penguins I made. Orange will be better than the dark red. The eyes are poor. Together, that will give me nine. That is enough, I think.
   
    I was about to leave when mom had me try on one of the shirts we bought.
    I would have no problem with my weight if I was built like a professional wrestler. I'm not.
    We went back to the store to exchange the shirts. One size larger and it fits better.
    Have I ever told you how much I detest clothing shopping?
   
   
    I hope to finish the penguins and carve a couple more leaping fish. Beyond that, I have no idea what next weekend will bring.
   
    I will see what I actually do next week.
   
   
   
       
   
   
       
   
   

No comments: